Set key mounting MC4 plugs, connectors solar installations, KNIPEX 9749662
Mounting MC4 connectors on a cable involves several steps. Here's an overview of the process:
It is important to note that the specific steps and tools required may vary depending on the type of MC4 connector and cable you are using. It is always a good idea to consult the manufacturer's instructions for detailed guidance.
- Strip the cable: Use a cable stripper to remove about 2.5 cm of insulation from the end of the cable. Be sure not to cut the copper wire inside.
- Insert the MC4 plug: Unscrew the two halves of the MC4 plug and insert the stripped end of the cable into the hole in the male or female half. Make sure the wire is fully inserted and reaches the back of the plug.
- Crimp the connector: use KNIPEX 97 43 200 A crimping pliers with KNIPEX 974966 jaws to secure the connector to the wire. The crimping tool must be adjusted to the correct size for the MC4 socket. Crimp the connector until it is tight and secure.
- Repeat for the other half: Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the other half of the MC4 connector.
- Test the connection: Once both halves are crimped onto the cable, test the connection by gently pulling on the cable. The connection must be secure and the plug halves must not detach.
- Connect the connectors: Finally, connect the MC4 connectors (mother and father) together to complete the connection. Use the KNIPEX 9749662 wrench set to make your work easier.
- Product type: Fixed keys
- Material: plastic stiffened with optical fiber
- Color: Red
- Dimensions: 115 x 40 x 18 mm
- Weight: 18g