Screw Removal Pliers RX PZ-59, ENGINEER - heavy duty and large sized Screw Removal Pliers, especially recommended for professionals. Removes screws with stripped or rusted heads or stubborn fasteners in seconds - much faster than a fluted screw extractor and simpler than vise grip pliers.
- Inter-meshed side teeth even hold a very thin plate securely, no slippage!
- Equipped with side cutting jaws.
- Owing to T-shaped forging handles, the handle sleeve will not twist or slip off during heavy duty use.
- Vertical Serrations to bite & grip a screw head
- Unique jaws with serrations can grip a screw head firmly without slipping
- Screw Head Size: diameter 3 to 15 mm
Ordinary pliers jaws are lined with horizontal serrations. When you grasp and turn a screw head with ordinary pliers, the jaws slip and the screw remains stuck.
The tips of jaws can not reach the outer edge of screw head when the jaws are opened.
Specially-designed teeth generate gripping power.
The serrated jaws angled inward grab the rim of screw head, so no slippage.
Why does PZ-59 have Inter-meshed Teeth?
Disadvantage of traditional pliers
Should the top jaws of traditional pliers make contact with each other, then this results in a small gap between the rearmost cutting blades (Fig. 1).
To avoid this, traditional pliers usually have a tiny gap between the top jaws to ensure the rearmost cutting blades fully meet (Fig. 2). Because of this, traditional pliers can not securely grip very thin materials such as shim plate etc.
Benefit of Inter-meshed teeth
The side jaws of PZ-59 are specially designed to have 'crests' and 'troughs' that inter-mesh with each other.
So, when the rearmost cutting blades fully meet, the gripping jaws inter-mesh enough to hold extremely-thin plates very securely as well as thicker materials. Every peak of serrated teeth can bite into the material (as per the red markings on the right-hand figure). This is a major benefit over traditional pliers.
Heavy-duty T-shaped handles
This unique handle shape helps to prevent the handle sleeve from twisting or turning round, good for heavy users. Light weight (20% less in-house comparison)
1) The tool may not remove specially-hardened, heat-treated or glued screws.
2) Be sure to apply this tool to a screw head, but not to screw thread.
Product recommended by the Romanian Association of Electricians!